How to choose interior doors
Today we will tell you about the main types and features of interior doors. Incorrectly selected doors can spoil even the most refined and expensive interior. In addition, it is necessary to take into account not only the color, but also the ease of operation, as well as the durability of the products. Which doors will suit you exactly? Let's figure it out.
Interior doors by the method of opening
- Swing doors. The most popular and practical type of interior doors. Their simple design consists of two parts: The door frame and the doors themselves, connected by special hinges-hinges or canopies. There are single-leaf and double-leaf variants. Such doors are as reliable and easy to operate as possible, they protect well from noise, they are easy to care for.
- Sliding or sliding doors. The canvas of such doors is attached to a guide rail, along which the movement takes place to close or open the doorway. Such rails can be located both at the top, and at the top and bottom. This is the most economical design in terms of space. However, they have much lower heat and noise insulation, they are not as easy to fix and repair as the previous version.
- Collapsible. If you want to save space, but the space around the doorway does not allow you to place sliding doors, then consider the option of "accordion"doors. In fact, this is a mixture of the above options. The door leaf is divided into several flaps connected by hinges. When the door is closed, the sections move along a special guide and form a single plane from the folded position. When opened, they are folded according to the type of book or accordion. Quite a convenient design. But it should be borne in mind that the hinges in such doors are a weak point both in terms of durability and cost.
- Swinging or pendulum. Such doors are similar to swing doors, but with the difference that they are able to open in any direction. The secret of this possibility is in a special mechanism that can even allow the doors to rotate around their axis. Undoubtedly, this is a very convenient and interesting design, but quite expensive in cost, with not too good noise insulation.
Interior doors based on materials
- Shield panels. Durable and inexpensive doors. The structure consists of a rigid frame covered with a sheet overlay made of MDF, chipboard or plywood. The outer layer is most often painted, veneered or laminated. The insulation is placed inside. Such doors have good sound insulation and moisture resistance.
- Paneled. These models also have a rigid frame. The door leaf is a set of so-called panels, that is, inserts made of various materials, which are usually slightly thinner than the base located along the perimeter. Thanks to this technique, it is possible to create exclusive forms and models. Inserts can be made of solid wood, plywood, MDF, glass and others. Good sound insulation and reliability.
- Tsargovye. Similar design to the paneled ones. The difference is that instead of panels, tsargs are used — wider and thicker lintels. Thin plates of metal, glass or other materials are usually placed between them. Such doors are more durable.
- Mouldings. Here the frame consists of only two massive vertical bars. Between them, a decorative insert made of thick tempered glass or metal is most often placed.
The range of interior doors is huge. The cost also has a wide range. Choose, consult with an interior designer. We just want to recommend that you refrain from too cheap, mainly Chinese models.