Options for wall decoration in the apartment
Wall decoration is one of the main points on which the interior of the apartment is built. A wide range and possibilities of modern finishing materials allow you to combine different types and technologies in one room, to design an apartment in any style. Consider the most popular options for interior decorative wall decoration.
Classic finish option. A wide range of varieties, a variety of colors and textures, ease of application and a wide price range made this type of wall decor one of the most popular. There are the following types of Wallpaper:
- Paper-based Wallpaper is smooth and textured. Eco-friendly and affordable option, but they can only be used in dry areas.
- Wallpaper on a non-woven basis. Durable, moisture-resistant, they are very easy to glue and can be repainted. Before gluing, it is necessary to level the base.
- Vinyl Wallpaper. Well hide small defects of walls, easily cleaned and glued. The advantages include a large selection of textures and low cost. Among the disadvantages, it is worth noting the low breathability, environmental friendliness and fragility of the decorative vinyl layer.
- Photo Wallpapers on a paper, vinyl or non-woven basis.
- Textile Wallpaper on a paper or non-woven basis. Natural, have good breathable and sound-proof properties. Of the minuses-the complexity of gluing, require special care (accumulate dust and moisture), high cost.
- Wallpaper based on natural materials with a paper or non-woven base (veneer, cork, bamboo, jute). Their advantages include decorativeness, environmental friendliness, sound and thermal insulation properties, ease of operation, resistance to mechanical damage. Of the minuses, it is worth noting the high cost, complexity of application, the need to align the base. For gluing, a special adhesive composition is required.
- Fiberglass fabric is made on the basis of an elongated optical fiber. Exclusive, strong, durable, impervious to moisture, have high vapor permeability, well tolerate color and exposure to solvents. They require careful preparation of the base.
- Liquid Wallpaper. Monolithic and very dense coating. It is characterized by high strength and good sound insulation properties. This coating can be washed and repeatedly painted. When the building shrinks, the material does not form cracks. The disadvantages include a fairly high cost.
- Quartz Wallpaper. Strong, durable, not whimsical in operation. The coating can be updated with latex paint. Quite expensive.
Quite economical, but time-consuming option. This method requires careful preparation of the surface. The walls should be perfectly smooth, otherwise, after painting, the slightest flaw will be visible on them. But if you follow all the technological requirements and use high-quality paint, you will get a strong and durable coating that can be washed and easily updated. It is also worth noting the wide range of colors of modern paints and their ability to combine harmoniously with other decorative materials. Types of paints:
- Water-based emulsions. Pros-a budget option, without an unpleasant smell, dries quite quickly. Cons-some species after drying quite quickly erased, afraid of water.
- Latex ones. Wear-resistant, but expensive.
- Acrylic. Durable, safe, breathable, not affected by moisture.
- Silicone. Resistant to water and UV light. They are characterized by high strength and durability. This type is not economically consumed and has a rather high cost.
This method of wall decoration is characterized by durability, strength, practicality, high wear resistance, safety and a wide variety of textures and shades. Thanks to special fillers, you can achieve original decorative effects. The disadvantages include the complexity of applying the material and the high cost of some types of plaster.
CERAMIC TILES AND ARTIFICIAL STONE
Very practical ways of registration. When facing walls in wet areas, in the kitchen or hallway, they are simply irreplaceable. These are strong and durable materials that are resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. Very convenient to use. The product range is represented by a large color and texture variety. The disadvantage of these materials is the high cost and complexity of installation.
These are ready-to-install panels ( MDF, chipboard, fiberboard, gypsum, composite or plastic) with an extensive color scheme, different shape, base, texture, patterns and decor, which are attached to the base or to a special frame. You can completely cover the wall with panels or use modules as separate decorative elements.
- PVC panels. From the advantages of these panels, it is worth highlighting a rich color palette and a variety of textures, budget, ease of maintenance, and no need for additional wall preparation. The disadvantages include fragility, susceptibility to mechanical damage and sunburn. In order to fix the material, you need to assemble the crate.
- MDF panels. Advantages of the material — environmental friendliness, strength, durability, ease of care. Cons — heavy weight, exposure to Gorenje, the need to install additional structures for fixing panels.
- Composite 3D panels. They are made of glass, wood or drywall. The properties and cost of the panels depend on the material. But there are also common advantages: strength and wear resistance. With their help, you can mask the defects of the wall, they are easy to care for. High-quality imitation of various materials is possible. They are characterized by good speed and ease of installation. The disadvantage is the high cost of the material.
When starting to finish the walls, do not forget about proper surface preparation and compliance with the recommendations of manufacturers, choose only high-quality, breathable and eco-friendly finishing materials.