Advantages of high floors in new buildings
The days when the upper floors of high-rise buildings were in less demand along with the first floors are long gone. Today, their popularity is much higher than the middle floors, which until recently were considered the very "golden mean". This is due to a number of advantages previously unavailable for tall buildings. So, let's list the main ones:
- Lack of neighbors from above. The residents of the upper floor will not be disturbed by the noise coming from the neighbors above them. In addition, the likelihood of water flooding is minimized.
- Excellent species characteristics. The upper floors are famous for their good views. Even if the buildings are located in a not very picturesque area, the elevation above other buildings is pleasing to the eye. An additional plus is that more natural light enters the windows than in the floors below.
- Cleaner air. It's no secret that air quality is noticeably better at higher altitudes. This is especially true for modern megacities, whose air is filled with harmful emissions. Less flying insects will also be a bonus.
- Low street noise level. The upper floors create a sense of privacy. City sounds, street and car lighting are less disturbing to residents.
- Favorable layouts. In modern new buildings, developers are trying to place more interesting layout options on the upper floors. These can be multi-level apartments, additional terraces, winter gardens, the ability to use the roof space.
The only significant disadvantage of the upper floors is the higher cost compared to the lower ones. Other imperfections that were inherent in older buildings have now become myths. Here are some of them:
- Roof leaks and poor thermal insulation. Like many other flaws, these are a thing of the past. Modern construction technologies make it possible to protect owners from such problems. Both the roofing materials and the heaters used by developers are many times superior in their characteristics to those that were used a couple of decades ago.
- Elevator breakdown. Yes, many of us are familiar with this problem firsthand. However, the latest branded elevators are much less prone to breakage. In most cases, it takes a couple of hours to fix them. In addition, now there is more than one elevator per building, there are at least two or three of them per section.
- Low fire safety. This concept is also no longer so relevant for high floors. At least in high-quality solid LCDs. High-tech alarm systems, smoke extraction and fire extinguishing systems, smoke-free staircases and security zones solve this problem.
It is necessary to clarify that the listed advantages are not relevant for all modern buildings. It is very important to choose a reliable developer who follows all safety measures and modern construction trends. Our residential complexes meet modern standards of comfort and safety. Call us, we still have a few apartments on the upper floors!